Owner - Kiteboarding School, La Ventana, Mexico
Marie, an impressive kite-surfer and a business owner in Baja Mexico, will share her insights into what it took to get here, and run one of the most successful kite surfing schools in Mexico.
1. Where is your hometown?
I split my time between Nitinaht Lake which is a beautiful lake on the west coast of Vancouver Island and the other half in La Ventana, Baja, Mexico.
2. What was the journey like to get where you are (career wise)?
Unplanned, amazing, exciting, challenging, wavy, windy, full of surprises and not over yet !
3. Biggest accomplishment since making a move?
To have built this awesome little business and be working with some of my closest friends for 10 years now
4. What was the greatest disappointment and plan to overcome it?
I can not pin point a disappointment in particular. There is a lot of challenges in business and in life. Walls that are put in front of you. But those are challenges and are the best is when you beat them. I plan on keeping moving forward through all these challenges.
5. Advice to other women?
Do what you love and it will not feel like work. Surround yourself with amazing and inspiring people and keep pushing your limits.
6. Where in the world do you feel “tallest”?
On top of a big wave with my kite.
7. What is the future goal/challenge (career goals in 5-10 years)?
Keep growing Elevation, travel more and learn more languages.
8. What fears are you still hoping to overcome?
I would like more time in waves, both kiting and surfing. Being tumbled under a big wave is still intimidating for me, and i want to get to the point where i do not have to sit on the beach because the waves are too big for me to surf :)
9. What inspires you?
In our work we meet so many interesting people. I love hearing stories on what they do how they made it and especially when it is a women. I also have some amazing mentors that keep me inspired and keep me on my toes.
10. Where can others find you/your work (links to websites, blogs, etc) www.elevationkiteboarding.com